WE TAKE A STRATEGIC VIEW
that’s grounded in extensive real-world experience and quantitative expertise.
WE FIND PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS
to patient problems around access and administration, including coverage, deductibles, formulary tiers, out-of-pocket costs, and education.
WE CREATE CRITICAL MESSAGING
for patients and providers. We capture and synthesize data on patient programs to communicate with senior leadership.
Mid-cap biotech, OR
Your program’s needs will be different by the company, the product lifecycle stage, and even by the brand team. Engaging an outside consultant is not merely an expense. It’s an investment in your patients’ brand experience. Whether you decide to work with Galway Group on an ongoing advisory basis or for a specific project, the value of your engagement is in the results. We challenge our clients to consider what you will gain from working with us AND what you will lose if you don’t.
Kind of like
Vulcan Mind MelD.
Advisory engagements offer ongoing thought partnership, including expert advice and business insights. Examples of activities performed within a Galway Group advisory engagement include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a member of the manufacturer’s evaluation panel during vendor RFP presentations for patient support services (e.g., hub, ePA, FRM, nurse, copay, PAP, eHRx).
- Participate in manufacturer medical/legal/regulatory review committee meetings to clarify access marketing or patient support services discussions.
- Coach commercial analytics teams to identify which patient support KPIs reflect specific parts of the patient journey and how they relate to commercial activity.
- Advise commercial leadership teams on rules of engagement for field teams and patient support vendors.
- Discuss strategic implications and operational impacts of CMS rules with market access leadership.
More like a Designated Hitter.
Or, Backup Singer.
Galway Group scopes consulting projects with clearly defined, time-bound deliverables and agreed-upon milestones. Manufacturers waiting on clinical trial read-outs before expanding their commercial teams may want to work with Galway Group to accelerate a brand’s launch readiness. We can support large strategic initiatives as well as mission-critical tactics:
Launch Readiness Preparation:
- Assess HCP and patient access challenges within a specific therapeutic area or pharmaceutical class.
- Develop patient support philosophy and access marketing strategy.
- Create access training curriculum and materials for launch meetings or field team home study.
Patient Support Program Design and Build:
- Cost/benefit analysis of manufacturer-hosted vs. 3rd party vendor operations.
- Frameworks to examine how patient support program design relates to manufacturer accounting practices. Examples:
- Cost of goods vs. operating expenses.
- Copay program benefit spend impact on brand gross-to-net revenue.
- Vendor selection, onboarding, and management. Examples:
- Leading RFP process, creating vendor scorecards, developing use cases.
- Negotiating contracts, including rate cards, data interface agreements, and pharmacovigilance reporting requirements.
- Program design, business rules documentation, and vendor SLAs.
- Brand training for patient support vendors.